Are you tired, stressed, overworked, or burnt-out? Walking along a garden path is the perfect way to calm your mind and reconnect with yourself and nature. Santa Barbara, CA is home to an impressive number of public gardens, and the February blooms will delight and inspire you. Your friends at A-American Self Storage recommend finding your bliss at the following locations.
Santa Barbara, CA Public Garden Attractions
- For a taste of history, visit the estate gardens at Casa del Herrero, which is located just off East Valley Road. The gardens remain true to their original design from the Golden Age of American Gardens; features include beautiful architectural elements, sweeping vistas and stunning plants.
- To explore 37 acres of tropical and subtropical plants from across the globe, gorgeous themed gardens and much more, head to Lotusland near Montecito.
- Next door lies Alameda Park, one of the oldest local parks. It only covers two blocks, but is filled with unique and rare trees.
- Franceschi Park on the Riviera gives you a panoramic view of Santa Barbara; it was once the home of famed botanist Francesco Franceschi.
- Plan to spend an entire day at the 78-acre Santa Barbara Botanic Garden where you can take guided tours to learn about California’s stunning native plants.
- Visiting Alice Keck Memorial Gardens in downtown Santa Barbara is like a mini-vacation. Check out the sensory garden, Koi pond and butterfly garden.
- If you love roses, plan a late spring or summer trip to the A.C. Postel Memorial Rose Garden, which is located next to the Santa Barbara Mission. You’ll find more than 1500 rose plants including many A.A.R.S. winners.
Put Your Inspiration to Work
If you love walking through Santa Barbara’s gardens, imagine how much fun it would be to design and build your own relaxing oasis filled with stunning blooms, gentle water features and resting spots. With a little space, some hard work and basic knowledge about plant care, it could be yours. Besides allowing you to enjoy owning your own little piece of botanical heaven, creating and maintaining a garden could improve your mood, reduce stress, and even help keep you fit.
We Can Help You Build Your Dream Garden
In order to create a serene, refreshing garden, you’ll need space for storing gardening tools and supplies. With a storage unit, you can clear out the garage to make space at home or take advantage of our facilities to keep your garden tools. Give your landscape a makeover and have easy access to anything you need to keep it that way. Visit A-American Self Storage to learn more about our available storage units and rates in Santa Barbara, CA.