The holiday season is almost here. If your Hemet, CA, home isn’t ready for the inevitable influx of family members and friends, things could get out of hand. Fortunately, you can be better prepared this year − A-American Self Storage is sharing awesome tips to help you get your home in shape for the holidays.
Quick Holiday Preparedness Tips
- Whether you’re having a party, a dinner or an overnight guest, be prepared for extra visitors that you weren’t expecting. Sometimes people invite friends at the last minute.
- Before overnight guests arrive, create a supply station in your home. Stock it with plenty of pillows, linens, towels and other essentials, so you won’t have to spend time hand-delivering these items to individual guests.
- Place disposable paper towels in bathrooms. Supply liquid soap instead of bar soap to avoid messy sinks, and leave extra toilet paper within reach.
- Both short-term and long-term guests will be hungry. Stock your home with inexpensive staples and ingredients for quick meals and snacks. If you’re expecting many guests, create a self-serve snack and beverage station.
- Avoid displaying large numbers of delicate ornaments and breakable items in your home if children and pets will be visiting,
- If you feel uneasy about your guests, move your most valuable items to a secure location before they arrive.
- Although you may be tempted to clean your home from top to bottom, just do the basics. Your guests won’t be checking for dust, and it’s probably going to be a lot messier after they leave anyway.
Is It Time for Renovation?
If your problems are recurrent, you may want to consider renovating your home to make the holidays less stressful, especially if you often end up with more overnight guests than bedrooms. Converting your garage or basement into a bedroom and adding an extra bathroom is one option, but if your space or your budget is limited, you can create sleeping quarters in your den or living room without rearranging your entire house. Utilize dual-purpose furniture items like sleeper sofas, Murphy beds and extra-large bean bags, and create privacy with room divider screens. If you don’t want extra furniture cluttering up your decor year-round, storage units are a great solution.
Great Holiday Self Storage Options in Hemet CA
Storage units aren’t just for extra furniture and other items that get in the way. Use them to hide presents from your kids or store all the great bargains you find at after-holiday sales. Clear clutter from your home before the holidays to increase the space in your household. Clutter easily accumulates in infrequently used guest rooms, and you’ll need that space when the holidays come.
Be prepared for anything the holidays can dish out by reserving your units early. Your home will be more organized, and your guests won’t have to trip over your wrapping paper to get to their beds. Call A-American today and find a storage unit near you that will take the stress away from the holiday season!