Fresno CA – one of the largest cities in the Golden State, and home of the Fresno State Bulldogs and the Fresno Grizzlies. Whether it’s wrinkly raisins or an imitation Mardi Gras, Fresno has something fun to discover lurking around every corner. If you’ve lived in Fresno for a while or plan to make the move, use A-American Self Storage’s guide to discover everything Fresno has to offer.
5 Things You May Not Know About Fresno
- Fresno is the birthplace of the California Raisins. Remember those dancing raisins in the Sun-Maid raisin commercials? You’ve guessed it! Fresno is home to Sun-Maid and the entire raisin industry. When you really want to refer to Fresno by name, just call it the raisin capital of the world.
- Fresno throws its own Mardi Gras on Fat Tuesday. Can’t make it to New Orleans for Mardi Gras? No problem. Just head to Fresno on Fat Tuesday for a Mardi Gras parade, shiny beads and delicious Cajun cuisine. This celebration takes place in the Tower District on Fat Tuesday every year and attracts people from all over Fresno and the surrounding areas.
- Fresno loves its sports teams. Wherever you go in Fresno, you’re sure to see people wearing orange or red, which symbolizes the colors of the Fresno State Bulldogs football team and the Fresno Grizzlies minor league baseball team. When both teams take to the field, people fill the stands quickly and never miss a home game.
- Fresno offers a taste of Mexico. Fresno peppers – named appropriately after the city – grace many of the dishes at the local Mexican restaurants. These peppers pack serious heat and elevate the food to another level. One bite of the local dishes will make you feel like you’ve taken a trip south of the border.
- Fresno reigns in agriculture. Farmlands cover Fresno County and produce grapes, almonds, strawberries and other crops. Fresno produces so many excellent crops that it ranked as the No.1 agricultural-producing county in the nation in 2011.
Making the Move to Fresno CA
Discover more facts about Fresno by making the move yourself. When you do, make sure to store your belongings in A-American Self Storage units. Fresno residents use A-American storage units daily to store their items, declutter their homes and prep for yard sales. If you need extra storage space for your move or just to clean out your home, find all the space you’ll ever need at A-American Self Storage.